The 1.0 version of Send It - for Slack for Mac is provided as a free download on our website. This free software for Mac OS X was originally produced by Alberto Moral. Our built-in antivirus checked this Mac download and rated it as 100% safe. The software is categorized as Internet & Network Tools. Slack is where work flows. It's where the people you need, the information you share, and the tools you use come together to get things done.
The Slack desktop app is the best way to experience Slack on the Mac operating system (OS). To get started, take a look at the steps that we’ve outlined below.
There are two ways to download Slack for Mac: from the App Store or from the Slack downloads page.
Download from Slack
- Find Slack in the App Store.
- Click Install.
- To launch Slack, open a Finder window, select the Applications folder in the sidebar, then find and double-click the Slack icon.
Slack Download Osx Windows 10
- Visit slack.com/downloads.
- Click Download.
- Once the download is complete, open a Finder window and select your Downloads folder.
- Double click the Slack .dmg file. This will open a small window.
- Drag and drop the Slack icon to the Applications folder in the window.
- To launch the Slack app, open the Applications folder and double-click the Slack icon.
Using macOS 10.9 or earlier? The Slack desktop app only supports macOS 10.10 and later. For more info, see Apple's guide to upgrading your OS.
After installing the Slack app, sign in to your workspace. If you don't have a Slack workspace to sign in to, you’ll need to join a workspace or create your own.
Slack keeps asking me to update
This can happen if you have more than one version of Slack installed on your computer. For example, a copy of Slack might exist in both the Applications and Downloads folders. Here’s what you’ll need to do to fix this issue:
- Open Finder, and search for Slack (make sure that the This Mac filter is selected).
- Highlight all copies of Slack and delete them.
- In your dock, right click on the Bin icon, and select Empty Bin.
- Get the latest version of Slack, and install it in the Applications folder.
Slack keeps asking for the administrator password
Download Slack App
This can happen if you're not an administrator and don't have write access to slack.app on your Mac machine. If the issue persists, an IT administrator can adjust the write permissions for Slack or change where Slack is installed on your computer.
Slack Download Windows 10
Tip: IT administrators can disable automatic updates and allow users to update Slack themselves. Learn how to deploy Slack for macOS.