Here's how to upgrade macOS and adjust your update preferences. To learn more about this topic visit the following articles: How to update the software on yo. Oct 01, 2018. Jun 03, 2020. Retina Display Four million pixels. One immersive experience. With a resolution of 2560-by-1600 for.
How to get updates for macOS Mojave or later
If you've upgraded to macOS Mojave or later, follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime.
Update Apple Mac Pro
To find updates for iMovie, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and other apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, open the App Store on your Mac, then click the Updates tab.
To automatically install macOS updates in the future, including apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, select ”Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
How to get updates for earlier macOS versions
If you're using an earlier macOS, such as macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or earlier,* follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Click Updates in the App Store toolbar.
- Use the Update buttons to download and install any updates listed.
- When the App Store shows no more updates, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime. Later versions may be available by upgrading your macOS.
Update Apple Mac
To automatically download updates in the future, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click App Store, then select ”Download newly available updates in the background.” Your Mac will notify you when updates are ready to install.
* If you're using OS X Lion or Snow Leopard, get OS X updates by choosing Apple menu > Software Update.
How to get updates for iOS
How To Update Apple Macbook
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS.
Update Apple Id On Mac
- Learn how to upgrade to the latest version of macOS.
- Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- You can redownload apps that you previously downloaded from the App Store.
- Your Mac doesn't automatically download large updates when it's using a Personal Hotspot.
The App Store only shows updates for the OS you are using at the moment, in your case Yosemite 10.10.5.
If you want to go to another newer OS that is called an upgrade. This can be done through the App Store using the following link.
High Sierra is the last/ newest OS your Mac can use. Scroll down to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra.
Make a full back up of your Mac before upgrading.
Check to see with the developers of any third party apps you use that there are updates available so they will continue to work in the new OS. Another thing you need to check is if any printers/ scanners etc you use have updated drivers and software so they too can continue to function in the new OS.
Feb 3, 2019 11:15 PM